Like the World Around Us, Fortistar has Successfully Addressed Great Change for Over 40 Years
Today, as a community of complementary businesses that are part of the transition to a low carbon, energy economy, Fortistar has established itself as a leader in uncovering, managing and delivering investment performance in the power, transportation and industrial sectors.
What We Do
Fortistar is a private investment firm that owns and operates energy related assets for a low carbon economy. Our success is built on a foundation of experienced professionals who share a deep understanding of energy related operations, financing and development.
Where We Do It
For decades, the company has developed, invested in and managed an unparalleled portfolio of successful power and energy initiatives in the United States and Canada, including cogeneration facilities; compressed natural gas fueling stations; landfill power plants; and biomass facilities.
The Future Before Us
There is a natural tendency to be introspective. Fortistar's nature, however, is to look outwards, at it's connection to customers, investors, partners and markets. As you review our capabilities and results, consider the common thread that ties it all together: a focus on turning the human aspects of business into superior returns and tangible answers to global issues.
Fortistar attributes it’s success to taking a long-term view of energy and the demand for a low carbon economy.
- A private company, founded in 1974, specializing in cost-effective, sustainable, and responsible energy solutions
- Over 350 employees and 60 facilities across the United States and Canada
- A fully-integrated information platform that extends through project finance, operations maintenance and administration, we can fit our services to meet any individual need
- Fortistar has completed acquisitions with a total investment of more than $4.0 billion
- Fortistar has created value through internal growth, acquisitions and development to generate superior risk adjusted returns
- Fortistar’s business model focuses on well structured, contractual arrangements which generate predictable cash flow and appreciation opportunity built on operational, contractual and market-based enhancements
- The management team has a hands-on, operational focus to enhance value of its portfolio companies